Monday, February 7, 2011

Living With Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury occurs when an external force traumatically injures the brain. The tree types of brain injuries are the contusion which is bruise, the axonal injury which is the damage of neurons, and the bleeding inside the brain which basically is the accumulation of pressure inside the brain. It’s amazing that almost a quarter of a million of Americans are hospitalized every year with brain injuries.
The most common causes of TBI include violence, transportation accidents, construction, and sports. Between 1.6 and 3.8 million traumatic brain injuries each year are a result of sports accidents.
Diagnosis is suspected based on lesion circumstances and clinical evidence, most prominently a neurological examination, for example checking whether the pupils constrict normally in response to light and assigning a Glasgow Coma Score.
The people who were in this video really touched my heart, specially Brain. Let’s better say he not only touched my heart but he changed my life… I realize that sometimes I’m mad because of something little and say I hate my life or something like that but, know I want to be just like him, A HAPPY PERSON! Although he has a brain injury he is a lovely person, especially with his son. He does not care he has a problem; he’s always the same person.

No comments:

Post a Comment